Redesigning a Website for SEO Visibility
A few months ago, I met a personal trainer who said he had a problem with his website: His site lacked visibility.
When I typed in his URL I found three problems:
- His Domain Name was Too Long: www.empoweredthroughfitness.com.
- It was Poorly Laid Out: Though a designer had worked on it – the site was too busy.
- It was in Flash: This meant most of the visitors to his site on hand-held devices wouldn’t be able to access his site.
In order to improve his SEO:
- I told him to shorten his domain name to empoweredbyadam.com. It’s a little shorter, and it references him. People will wonder just how Adam will empower.
- I designed the site using WordPress removing all of the Flash elements.
- I linked his site to Twitter and Facebook, and encouraged Adam to create a Yelp listing so clients could write reviews.
- I also offered Adam a clean, and streamlined design.
Here is Adam’s previous site designed using wix.com:
The original Specialties page:
And this is his new website:
The new Specialties page:
Adam is pleased with his new site, and as long as he keeps up his blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts, he should achieve the SEO he seeks.